WELCOME TO THE LANCASHIRE FUSILIERS MESSAGE BOARD. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT THERE IS NO NEED TO REGISTER TO PLACE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARD. HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULD PLEASE GO TO :DATABASE FORM AND COMPLETE THE FORM. Abusive, Anonymous, and Messages that do not meet the Mission Statement will be deleted and you will be banned from the site. Note: Please take care when entering your email address. i.e. No Spaces! Please enter your email address as someone might wish to contact you direct and they can do this by clicking on your name at the top of your message and your e mail address will come up for them. Leave the LINK NAME, LINK URL, and the IMAGE URL Boxes blank. Enter a password of your choosing this will let you edit post after they have been posted. Once your message is ready to be posted Click PREVIEW POST to check what your message will look like once on site. If you are happy with your message then Click POST. Your message will now go on the site. Messages posted in the last 24 hrs. are in White.
THE FOUNDERS OF THE LF WEB SITE THE LATE CAPT. JOE EASTWOOD BEM AND COLIN BOUTTY WERE BOTH FIERCELY ENTRENCHED IN THEIR INTENT AND ADAMANT IN THEIR BELIEF THAT THE LF WEB SITE SHOULD REMAIN AN INDEPENDENT ENTITY AND FREE FROM OUTSIDE INFLUENCE. IN FURTHERANCE OF THAT END ALL SUGGESTIONS THAT THE WEB SITE BE ALLIED TO OR INDEED INTEGRATED INTO THE FUSILIER ASSOCIATION OR ANY OTHER GROUPING WERE FIRMLY REJECTED. THE ETHOS OF INDEPENDENCE REMAINS THE SAME. :SMILIES (Emoticons)
Re(5): Suing 200 British Soldiers who Served I Northern Ireland
IP: 188.29.165.65

Good morning Maurice (and all)
Yes I recall you telling me of the request being made of you by HM Government. They appear to be in complete turmoil brought about by their strangulation by the PC Brigade who now occupy some of the most influential positions in Government and Civil Service.
In some ways it is similar to the situation the Police Service (Force) find themselves in these days. They have in my view lost credibility with the public who have rapidly lost faith in them and their ability to fight crime and deal with matters in general. Yes, they have been in the spotlight in the recent past regarding the terrorist threat etc but their response in this area has been to the utter detriment to all other aspects of police work. Their current response to reports of crime of all kinds is pathetic and indeed a disgrace to the profession of which I was once so proud....not any more. I recall my very first week as a Constable being sent out on patrol by the Duty Sergeant with firm instructions to ' book as many as possible ' and I spent my day handing out parking tickets etc like confetti. At the end of the week I was taken aside by an old worldly wise Detective Sergeant who pointed that all those people who I had possibly alienated with my ticketing zest, were the very same people who the Police may want to come forward as witnesses etc., in the future, and that I was doing more harm than good. We police by consent in this country and by alienating the general public you lose their support. HM Government should take note of that simple truth. They have by their actions in recent times totally alienated the Veterans of this country and I for one would not **ss on a politician if he/she fell at my feet on fire!
I repeat my advice to you when you told me of HM Government's request....ignore them totally. They would have to drag me to any enquiry in shackles and even then I would not speak!
Regards
Geoff

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright 2000-2010
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording