Page ONE
Re(6): What Has Happened to the Officers' Clubs

AL, The
classic Marine O'Club was WALLER HALL at Quantico I frquented it from 1954 to the mid '60. as a bachelor CaptainI and frequently dined there - my favorite meal was boiled lobster and a bottle of Chablis. I would have half of the bottle with the lobster. Afterward I took the half full bottle to the large grandfathers clock in the foyer open the door and put it in the bottom under the pendulum (for use for next lobster) It was just outside the male-only Robinson Room (with fireplace and sofas -smoking allowed of course )( Robinson nok dedicated the room as he was KIA at Belleau Wood during the Marines famous battle in WW 1 (It was also.calleed the Belleau Wood Room) In 1962 MY fellow Marines officers tossed my bachelor party in the room - an made sure I was completly blotto when they calleed Sandy And put me on the phone then told her they were putting me on a train to
Chicago -Sandy was distraught she believed them - but there was a nice bar in the basement tended by a gentle sophisticated black
Gordon who knew his clientel and drinks

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording