Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(7): Best wishes
IP: 79.74.216.172

Well, yes. I didn't quite 'get' The Fall. They seemed to have a big following among middle class student types. More working class, 'blue collar' blokes, I've noticed, generally seem to like black music, soul, reggae (esp Studio 1 dub), or Stone Roses or Oasis. I found it funny that Mark E Smith, upon discovering Mumford and Sons, his first response was to hurl beer bottles at them. John Cooper Clarke laughed like a wheezy hyena everytime he recounted this. I DO like melody yeah. I don't like artsy shit. I used to like the Carpenters. Not out of any irony. I just thought they were fucking great, across the board. Still do. I'm not interested in art statements. I like three-minute pop. I try to do it. It's just a bit scruffy sometimes. But Mark E Smith, yes. John said I should meet him. But I don't really want to 'meet' anyone, or travel. I want to do recording and write songs and then get paid. So far, that seems to be what happens. Showbiz can go shit as far as I'm concerned.Why ruin a winning formula? I'm nothing, if not a rude charmless bastard. I have to work at it a bit more nowadays. though.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording