Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(3): New Jai Alai Fronton in Pamplona

That's a good question. There isn't any back wall yet, but I don't now the details. I guess because they want to celebrate competitions in the two "official" formats, one for 36 meters and the other to 40 meters. So they suppose to built soon a movable back wall...But anyway they had the opportunity to do a real jai alai fronton (54 meters) and put a removable back wall to reduce its size in such a way that could be used to those different formats. Imagine what they have done with the stands. I wrote a letter to the media anticipating this...big mistake. They threw the Euskal Jai 1909-2004 a 54 meters old fronton, the only in the city. I was the cradle of another local modality of Basque Pelota called Remonte (played professionally during 80 years) a very interesting modality also played with a basket in which you can't stop the ball. You have to hit it as it comes to you...(Well Jsolo is an expert of this modality). The fronton was smaller than the Beti Jai (https://frontonbetijaimadrid.org/) but that kind of fronton. The reason to throw it away was that was occupied by a pro-Basque youth. Fortunately, now we have a pro-Basque government, but to late...
Well, I'm very angry with this issue! Sorry

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording