Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(2): Here's the Solution for MC...

Can you say with certainty that Dania would keep having "real" jai alai if they didn't need it to have slot machines? I don't have that certainty so I guess, by your reasoning, I shouldn't support or respect Dania. Don't worry I am being facetious. I will respect Dania above all others and support it until the last game is played there.

Tommy T is 100% right. If you don't like MC then don't get on a MC thread and carp about it. The posters who got on the "Caraballo" thread to complain got on the thread knowing it was about MC, why if you despise it so. Now you even have a poster on a Dania thread (Dania weekly results) getting on to diss MC and then say he doesn't watch Dania because of the video quality. Unbelievable!

Tommy T makes the argument that to some watching MC is enjoyable and not just for moneymaking purposes. I fall into that category. It has been interesting to see the progress of the players and the playing strategy of the game itself. It is not the same as jai alai at Dania that is quite self evident. At my local horse track every fall they have certain days in which they have a couple of quarter horse races at the end of the thoroughbred card. They are not even a quarter of a mile long races and the horses are not even pure thoroughbreds. And yet you don't have people walking around crying that the races should be five furlongs or more and the horses aren't 100% thoroughbreds. No, they are heavily bet on and people cram the rails to see the muscled up brutes blast through the stretch at a breakneck pace. They are just a different type of race and don't need to be compared to regular thoroughbred races to be enjoyed. I have actually seen people watch and enjoy standardbreds pulling carts and dogs racing, can you imagine that? If you despise MC so much just stay off the threads and remember it ends at the end of November and you will have 7 straight months of Dania to not comment on.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording