Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(2): Only 7 teams in Wednesday MC Doubles (matinee)?

They had to stop the game when no team #8 was available to play team #7, and team #1 took the court.

Not actually the case, although it may have seemed that way.

They knew - and announced in advance -that there would be 7 posts.

But I knew from my jai-alai programming that quickly adapting the odds displays and the rotation board would not be so easy.

However, they surprised me with the rotation board part. After a VERY short delay, they made an adjustment, resumed play, and it seemed to handle the rest of the game with 7 posts just fine.

Not bad, since my own rotation board can only handle regular Spec 7, Spec 9, and Citrus Straight 10. But all locked in with 8 posts. And it would take me a hell of a lot longer than 2 minutes to modify it.

Anyway looking ahead in the entries, the 7 post games appear to be permanent or maybe semi-permanent. Clearly it's a case of too small a roster to handle injuries with 16 players plus 2 subs req'd for every game.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording