Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Miami scratches   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(2): 4/6 man games

Thanks for that piece of history. Very interesting.

After Magic City responded to their player shortage by mixing in some 7-post games, I thought I might take up the challenge of working out all the exact point sequences or 'genome' - as Tiger calls it - for the 7's, and while I'm at it, the 6's and 4's.

100% lunacy to burn out neurons on a task like that, since the 7-point games are a minor blip of jai-alai history, and mostly irrelevant.

But now that I see that those game formats were used in the past, and go beyond one half season of MC, why not work out the theory for the whole shebang? That's only 99.5% crazy. Huge difference.

Anyhow, naturally we all want our 8-post games. But if "a partido is the purest form of jai-alai", then it follows that as you reduce the number of posts, you increase the probability of the best entry winning. So at least a little bit of a trade-off with more reliable handicapping.

And the fact that reduced posts were used during the Golden Era at Miami suggests that it's not ALL bad.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording