Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(9): Daytona mandatory 50c Pick 6 payout at special matinee today

it's streaky, as I'm sure you know, but a good way to end the year

my "portfolio" is diversified: dogs, horses, jai-alai, but never been a fan of quarter horses or harness racing

I'm not a huge fan of the big races like triple crown or even Breeders Cup any more

Did make a nice score on Breeder's Cup $2 Pick 7, think it was 1991, when Black Tie affair won one of the races, did a computer play of 8000 straight $2 tickets on that (had a lot of partners, some for as little as $20 and $100, and few others for much more, I had 25%). All 8000 tickets, none of which could be paired-up with any other ticket as there was a limitation on similarity of no more any 5-races in common with any other ticket, had to fill out bet cards for all 8000 tickets, advance betting on the Pick 7 was open 3-days before the Saturday races, was putting them in with a mutuel teller at Palm Beach Jai-Alai while wife was at home filling out cards for days (I was filling out for days too when not in front of teller window at PB Jai-Alai).

We were 5 of 5 on a very tough result with some bombs, missed leg 6 on that ticket. Think it was Black Tie Affair who won leg 7 for us to have 6 of 7. Nobody had 7/7 that year and the 6/7 payoff was nearly $250,000. Sports writer for the Palm Beach post contacted me and there was article in paper about how we hit that. Was the only winning ticket in Florida. Someone at Thistle Downs had quite a few winners 6/7 which was surprising. Was having a Breeder's Cup party at my place that day watching the races on TV and entering the results into computer. I would get a printout each race (after the first few legs) of what tickets were still live, or later on, which had 5 or more correct of the first 6-legs. A very exciting party where I had fried up farm-raised catfish and hushpuppies for the gang and some of their kids were fishing in my catfish pond. Had bottles of champagne in the fridge. We were popping the corks and spraying champagne in the back yard after we found out the payoff results (didn't know for 30 mins to an hour after over what the payoff was, it wasn't being posted at track right away, which was odd). Everyone at party had a great time, except for my boss from work who had turned down getting a piece of the action. Remember him saying to me once after that, when company was having lots of layoffs. "at least you have another source of income if you did get laid off" lol, he didn't know squat about gambling.....surely not a secure source of income......a little luck never hurts too......did get laid off (me and another friend who had his contractor license and was building houses on the side....lol another source of income).

Remember going out to the Palm Beach Jai-Alai that Saturday night then with a group of the winners from the party and then going to Catamaran bar next to jai-alai afterwards (knew Nick the owner very well, he was also in on the Pick 7 and had driven his Bentley out to the party). Good times.....

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording