Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Neat Website Jeff - I love it!

Lots of good info and links on the website. We actually have a lot in common in that I lived in Auburn, Indiana for a short time, and also lived in Lakeland, FL where I worked as an plant engineer and project engineer at CF Chemicals in Bartow, FL until the plant closure. Lakeland made it convenient to visit Tampa fronton and Orlando when I lived there from 1980 - 1982.

Been collecting some memorabilia and purchased some of Mark K's items (mostly old Jai-Alai programs and a variety from all the US frontons). Love the sport and always been a huge fan and major contributor to the handle.

Again good stuff and Calder Jai-Alai sounds very interesting. Would be nice to have a one or two superfecta games with 10c or even 20c base tickets (at most), not the 50c base like Magic City (the $1 base on superfecta at Miami makes them un-playable and only hurts their handle, the 50c base on Magic City supers also has a negative impact on the superfecta handle). A Pick 6 would be neat and be reminiscent of the good old days....(not $2 base though, a 20c Jackpot Pick 6 like most all horse tracks have would be a nice addition to the wagering menu, but it helps if it's a low 15% takeout wager to generate more interest and better consolation payouts to retain the fan interest). Sure, the jackpots build slow, like at all small race tracks, but when they get bigger they can be a big draw for the venue. It's a challenge to pick 6-winners in a row.

Appreciate your dedication to the sport!!

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording