Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(3): Ubilla 1st game singles...

I would like to get into deep analysis using a jai alai SIM tool. Any suggestions?!

Ok, that is not so easy.

I noticed a while back that there is a 99 cent jai-alai sim app available for Android phones.

I quipped that it was 'worth every penny', but actually I don't know, since I never tried it.

But it might be worth looking into.

What would really be great would be if Tiger had a contact for 'Lorenzo'. (of yesteryear) He created a 'Jai-Alai Supercomputer' which is better than a sim, in that it calculates the EXACT probabilities for each game. Including the supers.

Despite being an obviously very bright engineer type, he blundered big-time by thinking there would be a market for his product. So I think it was just quietly shelved. If you could buy a copy of that, it would be more accurate than any sim.

However, I have my own 'Kruncher' prog which does the same thing for Spec7 games. So I can tell you for certain that if you have a well-designed sim, and run it at about 1 million cycles, the top 20 tri list will be fairly consistent. And the exactas and Q's even more so.

Therefore, a sim like that it is good enough for any practical research.

You could argue that it is also necessary to have a lot of supporting 'infrastructure', for handling entries, changes, results, doing ratings calculations etc. But not totally true.

IMO, if you used your own judgement - high quality, let's assume, and comparable to 'Sensei' style - to provide sim inputs, you would still get big benefits from letting the sim calculate how those ratings interact. Seriously, even ratings at a chimp level (ooh-ooh, 3 good, 6 sucks) might be worthwhile. Especially if they didn't match the obfavs in the program pages.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording