Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(5): Ubilla 1st game singles...

Just to be accurate, he didn't own the "Jai-Alai Supercomputer" - only had temporary use of it.

Wow, that is hilarious. I thought that the 'supercomputer' part was only used as an exaggeration.

All these years of suffering with, "Mirror, mirror, on the wall... who has the slickest jai-alai analysis software of them all?" always led to, "Well, in the exact calculation department, it's Lorenzo!"

But he was doing it on a supercomputer?!?

Cool thing is tho, that thinking he was doing it on a desktop computer kept inspiring me to match or surpass it, and I finally did. I use my genome to churn thru every possible game and get the exact probs, GIGO, be damned.

Extra precision isn't needed at that point and, being a sim, it'll never be exact, anyway.

So what if they're off by a percent here and there.

I am really big on proving / testing everything. Empiricism++.

If I use my best sim at 1 million cycles and examine the top 20 tri list, I usually see some jiggling. In fact, it's amusing to look at my 'Kruncher' which delivers exact output, look at the tri ranked #21, and predict that it will jiggle in and out of my sim top 20 list. Yeppers, it works.

So, if "Jiggling has been ruled" for a top n list using 1 million cycles, what do you think will happen at your 32,767 level? BTW, even at 1 million a 10% freq variance for some top tri's is not uncommon. Like I said, I'm, in a position to perform the tests.

Regardless of that, I agree that the practical limit is more in the area of our ratings accuracy.

But I still like the idea that for a given betting package, eg top 14, the selections will not vary from run to run.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording