Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

HAPPY SUPERBOWL SUNDAY

I remember that Superbowl well. We had a betting pool where I worked which ran the entire NFL season and at the end of the season the 12 players with the highest scores got to be in a new contest with the 12 playoff teams. We would just pull the names of the teams out of a hat as well as the names of each player from another hat to randomize everything. I remember how badly I wanted the Seahawks that year, I knew they were going to run the table. So the draw is performed and I end up with Denver. They had a decent squad that year and after I tried to trade them for Seattle and failed, I accepted my fate and figured they might snag the second place prize (getting to the Superbowl and losing). Well that was the year that Richard Sherman got into it with Michael Crabtree of the Niners in the NFC Championship game, the Immaculate Deflection, his antics on field after the play as well as the infamous post game interview with Erin Andrews in which he declared himself "the best corner in the game", etc. This behavior drew the ire of many people who declared Sherman to be a "thug" which was basically an accepted way of saying the N-word. So the irrational hate was on, especially among old white folks, who have the largest pool of disposable cash by far. I was down in Florida for the game at the Mother-in-Law's old folks only park and the hatred was riding exceptionally high there (almost frothing at the mouth high). I will always believe that is what moved the line to favor the Broncos because I still thought the Seahawks were going to dismantle them and should be favored by at least 3 points. Well the haters got their asses handed to them in a big way (they stopped frothing by the 2nd quarter) and I settled for the second place prize. Actually worse than you posted, 43-8 was the final. Lesson learned, hate is not a good way to handicap football (or anything for that matter, it leads to underestimation). If I were to bet this one I guess I would grab the Rams and the points especially if I could find someone to give me 3 or 3 and a half points (it's really big to get or on over the 3 in NFL lines more so than college).

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording