Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(1): Tickle your fancy: QOW #394 redux

Due to its regularity, Jai Alai, is much easier to handicap than horse racing IMHO. That's one of the reasons why I currently spend most of my handicapping time dealing with Jai Alai, besides the beauty and excitement of the game. With Jai Alai, I never have to worry whether it is going to rain or snow, where the wind is coming from, the temperature at the fronton or if it is a night or day game. When betting horses or dogs those are considerations which must be processed as they affect the race and its participants. Then you have to deal with each individual animal and whether or not they've raced against each other before and even if they have it's usually a very limited sample compared to jai alai as horses or dogs run at many different tracks and in many different classes of races. I don't mean to be condescending, on the contrary, I am extremely envious of all you bettors who have had many decades to wager on the sport you love. My time doing so is paltry compared to yours and that time may well be limited due to the decline of the sport. My advice is to enjoy what time you have left to wager on Jai-Alai (hopefully a long time) and don't sweat the fact that some games are of a lesser quality (Miami) or different than used to (Magic City, Calder) and rake in as much money as you can while the getting is good for the future is uncertain and the past is gone.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording