Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(7): here's a tough game to handicap

actually didn't check the carryovers for tomorrow on ponies with Dania double-header in the works, just no time....having too much "fun" with Dania trying to keep up with the scratches and late changes....btw what a work of art on announcing ALL of the changes lately....leaves a lot to be desired, is someone sleeping at the helm??...

If I'm playing a pick 3, it sure would be nice to know ALL of the subs before it starts....what a cluster eff, can you imagine a Pick 3 at the horses if they allowed substitute horses and didn't announce or display ALL of the substitute horses before the Pick 3 started (and you were aware there were substitutions but just didn't know who), and then one of the substitute horses was a really good horse instead of an 12 yo nag about ready for the pasture....that would surely get a lot of complaints....

and Fri eve, Minte was scratched and announced replacement before game 1 on Minte for games 1/2/3/5/6, they totally missed on announcing Minte being out of game 4,8,9....wtf was that...I guess getting 5 out of 8 is better than 50%...I'm not complaining, because I'm on top of it and it's actually an advantage for me then, but I've learned you can't rely on what you hear...

Gulfstream has been sucking money from me for years, and no easy track to handicap for sure, a lot of factors to consider, hard to compete against the giant $$ being bet by the big syndicates (JRG syndicate among others....), JRG Syndicate probably spending $150k to $200k alone on something like this, maybe even more as they get the biggest rebate of anyone with their own "private shop" not to mention the trainer $$ likely coming in to benefit from....giddy up, ride them coat-tails

the trainer inside knowledge is hard to compete with, when lots of dough at stake, things happen....don't think they aren't betting or at a minimum giving the insider tips to their buds

I actually prefer the smaller tracks myself which have less competition and seem easier to handicap...feel like I have more of a chance based on my history

Been handicapping the Mahoning Valley Pick 4 (has carryover) and pretty nice 20c Pick 6 jackpot and had some good bets ready to go, but they cancelled several times after bad track conditions, spent 3-hours handicapping and setting up smart computer bets each time and then it changes and turns into where all races cancelled for the day....

getting tired of that, so forgetting about them for a while, not gonna keep wasting my time on tracks trying to run races in the winter months up north....

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording