Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(4): Best pub in Wivenhoe
IP: 73.69.249.156

When Roy and I were over there in 2007, we stopped in the Rose & Crown, a neat place with great beers and a good food menu, but I could tell straight away that this did not possess the charm of a great pub, though it is kept immaculately. We were there for lunch as well, so it was wasn't very busy. The food was quite good, and I enjoyed the Adnam's Bitter. Perhaps next time we visit Wivenhoe, we might get to check out the Black Buoy and Greyhound.

Some of our best pubs in Vermont and New Hampshire have been thoroughly redesigned to appeal to the millenial following, who are now making their way into the pubs and clubs. I doubt there is a restaurant anywhere in my vicinity that you can go and enjoy a quiet dinner. Generally, there children running around the venue, parents ignoring them, and no mind paid to those who wish to dine quietly and/or intimately. That has been a great diappointment for myself and others who need a break from the rat race. Isn't progress wonderful?

Best, Jim Hollis
Enfield, NH USA

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording