Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(4): Gypp reunion
IP: 79.74.195.112

Hello again
The whole EP caused so much trouble and pain in almost every aspect. It coincided with my relationship with my girlfriend breaking up. I was sneered at publicly by other musicians. When the record was slagged off by the NME after I came home from Germany in September of 1978 broke and ill. I stood in the street and cried. It was dreadful. Months later I was briefly homeless. The record cover was not really in my orbit and I don't (understandably over 40 years later) recall much of its conception. The whole episode was a time fraught with disaster and melancholy. Suicide crossed my mind. In the end I left the band and moved to a room in a boarding house in another town.I spent the ensuing two months, when I wasn't washing up dishes to pay my rent, eating cannabis daily and drinking very strong alcohol to numb the pain. Eventually I rallied and made the Stray trolley record, I don't usually talk much about it. But this is the nuts and bolts of it Ted. But if you feel I've left any details out, do feel free to ask me about them. I'll always come clean.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording