Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Mutriku, 1971
Standing, L to R: Arriza, Altuna, Egurbi, Txurruka, Javier Egurbide, Roberto Egurbide
Kneeling, L to R: Beristain, Astigarraga, Andrés Egurbide

MAP AND ANALYSIS OF 4/4 G10--FLORIDA SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIP--JUST FOR FUN

Playing around with stuff to help me understand. Thought I would present it to you, just for fun. Mapping a game in real time is very difficult in any BP sport. In quiniela, its crazy. There are probably mistakes here, I need more practice. Here goes.

G10 1-Deigo; 2-Arrieta; 3-Goitia; 4-ZULAIKA 5-Erik 6-Beitia; 7-Ithurria; 8-Barandika

Key #(# of points after point)-# ("); balls in play; +=winner +a=service ace -=error (my judgements); comments

Note: any one ball point is considered a service ace. Thinking about changing that, but not ready to yet.

1(0)-2(1) 4 2+ (Arrieta--Dejada)
2(1)-3(1) 4 3+ (Goitia--Chic-chac)
3(2)-4(0) 3 4- (Zulaika throws too high)
3(3)-5(0) 3 3+ (at this point I lost control of the type of shots--was scrambling now just to keep up )
3(3)-6(1) 6 3-
6(1)-7(1) 6 7+ (Ithurria--Chic-chac)
7(1)-8(1) 4 7-
-----------------
8(1)-1(2) 6 1+
1(4)-2(1) 3 1+
1(4)-4(2) 8 4+ (point of the match--Zulaika takes a Diego 2 wall off the apron and beats him deep)
4(4)-5(0) 5 4+ (similar but couldn't get how--Zulaika retrieves a sure Erik winner and beats him)
4(6)-3(3) 5 3-
4(W)-6(1) 1 4+a (I think?!--I was pretty gassed at this point--need to work on concentration a bit)

Analysis: Zulaika made an early mistake but then was unbeatable, beating arguably the best two fronts on the roster (and among the best in the world at each of their specialties) on consecutive points by taking their best shots and beating them. That was fun to watch!!!

Summary: 4 (Zulaika--8 game points, 4 actual points); 1 (Deigo--4 game points, 2 actual points); 3 (Goitia--3 game points, 3 actual points)

Match: 13 points:
58 balls in play
Time: between 10 and 15 minutes (another thing I was sure I would carefully track and then got completely away from me)
Number of balls in play by each player--impossible for me to track at this time will work on it

Individual player summary:

Player (point record for the game) (+ -)

1. Diego (2-2) (+2 -0)
2. Arrieta (1-2) (+1 -0)
3. Goitia (3-2) (+2 -2)
4. ZULAIKA (4-1) (+3 -1)
5. Erik (0-2) (+0 -0)
6. Beitia (1-2) (+0 -0)
7. Ithurria (1-1) (+1 -1)
8. Barandika (1-1) (+0 -0)

(13-13) (+9 -4) (not sure about that at all but it was a game dominated by short but excellent points with not too many mistakes).

Thanks, hope you enjoy. If you see errors, please let me know. Am thinking of incorporating something like this into the blog, but for a singles match only. Can't imagine doing a doubles match in real time--YET!!

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording