Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(1): THE MASTER AT WORK!

Commendable effort.

Both Diego and Erik went for all-or-nothing outside shots which were read well and fielded by Zulaika. "Killer shots" that didn't quite kill, and Zulaika has the skill and technique to punish them instantly.

Which OS are you using? I could give you a copy of my Rotation Board program which would make tracking the points outcomes as easy as π. You would still have to count # of shots and provide descriptions, of course. But "too high", "c-c", and other comments could be standardized as abbreviations and even put on a floating pallette of buttons.

I think that a lot of jai-alai fits into the "If a tree falls in the forest..." paradigm. Unnoticed, might as well be invisible.

Eg: Straymar's observation re Beitia-Israel being paired in a cluster. Normally that would pass by undetected.

Clearly we have a lot of room for improvement.

However, even if you did this kind of thing on a sporadic basis, it wouldn't be long until some meaningful stats emerged. How often does a Diego carom in singles get picked off, anyway?

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording