Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

FLORIDA SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIP 4/7(M)--GAME MAP AND ANALYSIS

Getting a little better at this, keeping calm and using the on screen scoreboard to help me (imagine that). My judgments may be a little "soft" but I think this was a very well played game. See the summary at the bottom. Any feedback is always welcome, especially glaring errors.

Enjoy

Game 10: Florida Singles Championship--4/7/19(M)

1: Diego; 2: Ithurria; 3: ZULAIKA; 4: Urbieta; 5 Arrieta; 6: Erik; 7: Barandika; 8: Beitia

Key: Player (# of points after the point)- Player (ditto); number of balls in play; assignment of point: +=winner +a= ace; -= error; -f= fault (over or under serve); comments: comment key (c-c=chic chac; ch=chula; d=dejada; 2W=2 wall carom to the outside; IP=Inside Pass (left wall)

Note: * = possible game point.

Note: EITB, the Basque TV network, counts a service fault as a ball in play, so I am doing that too. Don't understand their logic but...

Note: any one ball point is considered either a service ace or fault.

1(1)-2(0); 1 Deigo +a
1(1)-3(1); 1 Diego -f
3(1)-4(1); 2 Urbieta + (lost track of shots here, but got it back this time, see below)

4(2)-5(0); 3 Arrieta -
4(3)-6(0); 3 Urbieta +
4(3)-7(1); 2 Barandika +c-c
7(2)-8(0); 3 Barandika +d
-------------------

7(4)-2(0); 3 Barandika +c-c
7(6)-1(1); 3 Barandika +2W
*7(6)-3(3);8 Zulaika +c-c; Zulaika saved the game on its longest point
3(3)-5(2); 6 Arrieta +c-c
5(2)-6(2); 6 Erik +c-c
6(4)-4(3); 7 Erik +c-c
6(4)-8(2); 6 Beitia +IP
-------------------

8(2)-2(2) 6 Ithurria +IP
2(2)-1(3) 4 Diego +ch
1(5)-*7(6)5 Diego +2W
*1(5)-3(5) 1 Diego -f
*3(W)-5(2) 1 Zulaika +a

3 (ZULAIKA-7) 7 (Barrandika-6) 1 (Diego-5)

Possible game points:

Barandika 1 (beaten by a Zulaika chic-chac--8 balls in play--B served)
Barandika 1 (beaten by a Diego 2 wall carom--5 balls in play D--served)
Diego 1 (unforced error (fault) against Zulaika)
Zulaika 1 (won on a service ace against Arrieta)

Number of points played: 19
Number of balls in play: 71:

Time of game: between 15-20 minutes (again, I lost track of this, but it was a pretty long game)

Individual scoring:

Key: Player; balls in play; number of points won-lost; winners-errors

Diego: 9; (3-3)(+3(incl 1 ace) -2(2 faults))
Ithurria: 7; (1-3)(+1 -0)
ZULAIKA: 10; (4-2)(+2(1a) -0)
Urbieta: 9; (3-2)(+2 -0)
Arrieta: 7; (1-3)(+1 -1)
Erik: 11; (2-2)(+2 -0)
Barandika: 11; (4-2)(+4 -0)
Beitia: 7; (1-2)(+1 -0)

For the match +16(2a) -3(2f)

Summary: An interesting game that three players had a chance to win. ZULAIKA, the eventual winner and down 1-6 at the time, saved the game in the second round, beating Barandika with a beautiful chic-chac on the longest point of the game. Then Diego (after saving the game himself by beating Barandika with a beautiful 2 wall carom shot) missed a golden opportunity by faulting. Zulaika was on the receiving end of the gift and he didn't miss out, closing things out with an ace against Arrieta. I am a generous scorer, but I thought it was a very well played game, with 6 chic chacs, 1 chula, 2 two wall caroms, and a dejada that I saw. Add in two service aces and you have 12 very well thought out and executed shots. The game was at its best in the middle of the second round, when points of 8,6,6,7,6, and 6 BIP led to 4 chic chacs and 2 inside passes. Very well played by all. But a little better by ZULAIKA, who made his own break by saving the game when he was deep in the hole and then capitalizing on an error to bring it home. 4 game points were stopped with three winners. And once again,this game showed how harshly an error can be punished, and how hard it is to win a quiniela game. One more thing. Spare a thought for poor Urbieta, who played a very good game (9 bip; 3-2 +2 -0) and was out of the money, the only player with a winning points record who was out of the money.

Corrections of any errors would be welcomed.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording