Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Correction: Brown back IN at Magic City

I am continually amazed at the imagination and brains that is apparently behind the scenes at Magic City. If it were up to me, they would be hugely successful - for that reason alone.

This Sneak Preview exhibition was funded by $20,000 in prizes.

They uncorked a 10-post 9-straight-points doubles game with just-for-the-occasion gray shirts for post 10. And they used brown for post 9.

Their website, under the video section, has a list icon where you can instantly select from any of 161 archived Youtube videos of their past perfs or player bios.

I could go on, but they are NOT just going thru the same old motions.

So I watched a few games from the exhibition, including the doubles game.

Overall, the play is dramatically better, and rebo's have gone from tentative to routine.

Maybe it was because of where I randomly tuned in, but the new player who impressed me the most was Douglas. On any ball that was coming to him where he was already in position, his body language showed absolute confidence in making the catch. (flashback to Patxi at Milford) I think his defense alone is going to be a big factor. But he also has a wicked carom, so that weapon makes for a killer combo.

Now, as for that doubles extravaganza.

It was amazing to see the 'Sons of the Great Ones', Asier - Bueno, paired in post 1.

Unlike last year's doubles, there was a lot of true TEAM play. I enjoyed seeing El Barba in the front, kicked up a whole level from last season. He was the only guy who seem to truly commit to taking on front court duties back then, (no standing on the sidelines for him) and he lost a lot of points while working hard to achieve competence. It was paying off at the end, and yesterday I saw him make a couple of great grabs followed by his lethal back-hand put-aways.

Congrats to Juice and Vuelo for a solid post 6 win.

That's about it, but seeing that 10 post game to straight points made me wish that jai-alai could be super-popular again with a huge amount bet on a monster game like that. What a handicapping challenge that would be. And FUN.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording