Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Mutriku, 1971
Standing, L to R: Arriza, Altuna, Egurbi, Txurruka, Javier Egurbide, Roberto Egurbide
Kneeling, L to R: Beristain, Astigarraga, Andrés Egurbide

4/10(E) G10--FLORIDA SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIP--SHORT VERSION

Sorry I messed up, Barandika, you deserved better.

There were two runouts in this game, 1 by Barrandika to win, and then 1 by Erik to finish 2nd. I was doing OK until until Erik got off his steamroller. Then, because I wasn't watching the screen, I totally screwed up the 3rd place run out. So I have no map that is of use. Only can tell you that the game took 12 minutes (finally got the time right ), even with all the playoffs. Of the seven points Barandika won, 5 were on his own winners and two were on opponents errors. There were a some long points (6,9, and 7 balls in play). But it was more like a cat playing with mice in this particular game. After the first couple of points, it was obvious no one was going to beat him. Ditto for Erik in the second run out. He went through his four opponents with about 15 balls in play total. I was fantasizing seeing a short partido between him and Barandika rather than the drudgery that is a multiple point playoff for 3rd place. Players played hard, don't misunderstand me, including one falling rebote that sounded like it shook the building, so no argument about the guys' commitment, and I understand the point of the whole thing, as do they. In my opinion, people who think these guys quit... I don't see much evidence of that. They have to play out the last three games of a World Series that is already lost 4-0. It's part of the job. But it can't be much fun.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording