Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Miss ya's All!
IP: 73.69.249.156

Yes, I do miss my regular visits to the Karma Scne. As of late, I have been dividing my time up between performing as many as five shows per week, and visiting with our two grandchildren whenever possible. It's been a wonderful experience, having sold one of our two income properties. I love the buildings, but see myself as the "landlord type," though I have been very religious about the upkeep of these buildings, and my tenants have reaped the benefits of my good intentions. They have reciprocated by being plaesurable tenants; neat, clean, and unintrusive. We have been fortunate.

The weather is still miserably cold here. I live about 2-1/2 hours to the north of "Diskojoe" Hedio, and the temperature diffence can be anywhere from ten to twenty degrees lower in most instances. There is still snow on the ground here, and we got over an inch two days ago. Yuk... but here comes spring, soon anyway.

I bought a new sound ssytem for my solo oldies show. I am no longer employing my self-arranged backing tracks as a part of the shows. My act consists now, of acoustic guitar and vocals, with the exception of a sparingly and sensibly used harmonizer pedal to enhance those vocals where a major third or other single harmony might be required in a cover song. I do not add a third voice or a fourth or fifth voice to the mix. It tneds to lose its authenticity when your own voice begins to replicate itself more than once.

Playing the senior shows has been a plateau for me; I love this audience, and typically play three to five one-hour concerts per week for these groups. Some are nursing homes and extended care, others are retirement communities, assisted livings, and other specialized groups. I have pulled back on the pub scene. I will not endeavor to compete with TV sports, cell phones, and promos.

Winter was long this time, and it damaged many of our older spruce trees and knocked some fairly large limbs from them throughout winter. We had a couple of seriously windy nights that ruined many trees, shrubs, and even ripped the entire sliding door from my aluminum tool shed.

I hope you all are doing well, and I hope to visit the KS more often as spring gives me some time to breathe. But that's just the door to summer, which is again, very busy with the boat cruises, backyard parties, and specialized gigs.

Please everyone, enjoy health, happiness, and prosperity! Thank you Martin, and hello, Joe!

Jim Hollis
NH, USA

P.S. The piccy is of course, the lovely and late Dolores O'Riordan. How I miss that voice...

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording