Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(6): Pick 3 Friday Night 4/12

William,

Thanks for a respectful reply. Overall I don't disagree with your position, but I happened to note that in THIS particular case the 'probablility' for that outcome was just basically lousy, as opposed to ultra-lousy. For the reasons I listed.

As far as the Monday Morning Quarterback accusation, well, all 3 opinions are coming in after the game is over.

I usually look at the games and try to honestly determine if my methods could have predicted the result.

It's amazing how often they don't. There are many, many games that don't turn out the way my analysis might predict. I absolutely don't want to bullshit myself or anyone else on that.

But when I said that Salegi was the hottest thing in the fronton, and had been for two weeks, that's simple enough to test. It could have been known by anyone on Wednesday, Thursday, or going into that Friday. It's a fact. And in my experience, when players are red hot, they often win from the best posts with just about anybody as a partner. I've seen it happen everywhere.

What I said about the singles game - without a computer, you would have to go thru all the entries and results by hand, but anyone could test the veracity of my claim for themselves. Black and white, not opinion, not 20-20 hindsight.

When I said that for post 8, you like it when a couple of the 1-2-3 group are Free Parking. Duh. I believe pelotapete stated that here about 10 years ago.

Anyhow, I appreciate it greatly when people can handle having their ideas challenged without blowing a fuse.

Good luck in your wagers.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording