Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Calder scratches   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
3/11(M) GAME 10--THE SUBLIME FOLLOWED BY THE RIDICULOUS

Will have more on this in the blog once I've mapped it, but for now:

Game 10 took 10 minutes. It started at 4:18. Diego won from the 2 with an undefeated perfect game in 4 minutes. It took 26 balls in play for him to annihilate his opposition. He was +6 -0 (Barrandika helped him with a rebote off the top pad). It was one of the most devastatingly dominant demonstrations of the Jai Alai art that I have seen in my short time watching the Quiniela game. Like cutting butter with a chain saw. He started by intercepting Erik's serve and beating him with an amazing high and deep outside pass (I don't know whether he two walled it or not). He followed that with an ace, another outside pass, a dejada, a perfect left wall pass (after two great rebote saves on the point against Urtaran, who gave him the most resistance in a 7 ball point), Barrandika's error, and a perfect chula to put away Zulaika and the field.

THAT WAS THE SUBLIME PART

The ridiculous part was the 6 minute (that seemed like 6 hour) playoff for place and show. 8 points were played in the last 6 minutes. 4 of them ended in errors. Because the points were being played so fast and because I don't understand the rules for how a 7 team playoff works, I may have gotten some of it wrong. No matter. The whole ridiculous exercise put me in a place that showed me that such playoffs have little meaning outside of the fact that they pay the bills. It was like throwing a bucket of paint on a Picasso.

But the first 4 minutes... that man can play! If you want to see the best player (in my opinion) on the roster, watch #22. He is maddening sometimes, with the over and underserves, and sometimes I don't understand how he doesn't win more, but a game like the one he played today, well, let's just say it was worth the wait, and perhaps it's not too good an idea to stare into the sun for too long.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording