WELCOME TO THE LANCASHIRE FUSILIERS MESSAGE BOARD. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT THERE IS NO NEED TO REGISTER TO PLACE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARD. HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULD PLEASE GO TO :DATABASE FORM AND COMPLETE THE FORM. Abusive, Anonymous, and Messages that do not meet the Mission Statement will be deleted and you will be banned from the site. Note: Please take care when entering your email address. i.e. No Spaces! Please enter your email address as someone might wish to contact you direct and they can do this by clicking on your name at the top of your message and your e mail address will come up for them. Leave the LINK NAME, LINK URL, and the IMAGE URL Boxes blank. Enter a password of your choosing this will let you edit post after they have been posted. Once your message is ready to be posted Click PREVIEW POST to check what your message will look like once on site. If you are happy with your message then Click POST. Your message will now go on the site. IF PUTTING A MESSAGE ON A STRING PLEASE PUT YOUR MESSAGE AT THE END OF THE STRING NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STRING IT MAKES THE STRING EASIER TO FOLLOW. Messages posted in the last 24 hrs. are in White.
:SMILIES (Emoticons)
Re(7): Joe Eastwood Ferret from Hong Kong
IP: 5.81.160.114

Another reply from Peter Wong
Hi Dennis,

I bought her in 1987 from an importer on the east coast of USA.
The outfit was called Le Bur Industries and they had an advertisement in Shotgun News - a gun related magazine/newspaper.
I just sent him a big check and she showed up on a flat bed truck a month later, I live on the west coast of USA. By the Way, there are now over 100 Ferrets in the USA.

I do know that 00DC31 was posted to Northern Ireland after the LF in Hong Kong, the reason being I found an anti-riot device in the vehicle. It consists of a Centurion ignition coil and a water can.
The idea being that the driver would release water onto the road and power up the centurion coil. Any rioter who tries to climb on board would get an electrical shock. I read about this device on one of the Ferret registry sites but I have no idea how this device can be made to work.
There were no documents with the Ferret, I only found the 00DC31 markings on it when I started to take the thick outer layers of paint off. From the photos, it also looks like she received newer type of turn signal lamps after her 1968 LF duty.

I had always love these vehicles having seen them in Hong Kong when they had a parade every year on QE's birthday. I was a small child living on Prince Edward Road, the British Army had a base along Nathan Road. The parade would pass by my address. My family left Hong Kong in 1965 and immigrated to the USA, but I never forgot how sharp the British Army looked on parade. I think they even had Comet tanks. So by the time LF was in Hong Kong 1968, I was already attending middle school in the USA. Anyways I eventually got an engineering degree and a good job at Lockheed Missiles and Space company, made good money and decided to spend on a Ferret and a collection of Land Rovers. I also have a collection of British guns - Lee Enfield-s, Webely-s, L1A1-s and Sterling.
I hope we never have a second un-civil war in the USA.

Cheers, Peter

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright 2000-2010
IF PUTTING A MESSAGE ON A STRING PLEASE PUT YOUR MESSAGE AT THE END OF THE STRING NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STRING IT MAKES THE STRING EASIER TO FOLLOW.
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording