Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(2): JARMusic lyric/journal booklet
IP: 72.86.137.26

It's not me this time, I swear! I learned my lesson with the Macca Carpool Karaoke episode.

This poster is probably referring to the booklet that came with the 'Don't Step On My Rainbow' box. I was compelled to dust it off and ####ed if I didn't stumble on a couple of tantalizing tidbits...

1) Martin writing in an XTC newsletter regarding The Greatest Living Englishman that he "may well be covering the unreleased Partridge song 'The Man Who Murdered Love'". Well, XTC eventually put that fantastic song out on Wasp Star but wouldn't it be fab to hear the Guv's take??

2) Humbug boss Kevin Crace writing in a Let's Kiosk promotional notice "I have enclosed...a video of [Martin] playing live in France". Where has this been hiding? How many French gigs were there circa 1995?

3) Joachim Reinbold writing in a JarMusic newsletter "Available soon: Brotherhood of Lizards with three additional new (!) songs". This is from when Joachim was releasing the Cleaners' cassettes on CD with bonus tracks. As it turned out, the Brotherhood CD had live versions of some already released songs. What could these new songs have been?

Oh well, better to live in the 21st century where Sir Nartin remains a vital force than to fetishize the distant past. (Although it was fun to hear Disko Joe get a namecheck on that Radio Wivenhoe Hollies program that was just posted!)

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording