WELCOME TO THE LANCASHIRE FUSILIERS MESSAGE BOARD. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT THERE IS NO NEED TO REGISTER TO PLACE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARD. HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULD PLEASE GO TO :DATABASE FORM AND COMPLETE THE FORM. Abusive, Anonymous, and Messages that do not meet the Mission Statement will be deleted and you will be banned from the site. Note: Please take care when entering your email address. i.e. No Spaces! Please enter your email address as someone might wish to contact you direct and they can do this by clicking on your name at the top of your message and your e mail address will come up for them. Leave the LINK NAME, LINK URL, and the IMAGE URL Boxes blank. Enter a password of your choosing this will let you edit post after they have been posted. Once your message is ready to be posted Click PREVIEW POST to check what your message will look like once on site. If you are happy with your message then Click POST. Your message will now go on the site. IF PUTTING A MESSAGE ON A STRING PLEASE PUT YOUR MESSAGE AT THE END OF THE STRING NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STRING IT MAKES THE STRING EASIER TO FOLLOW. Messages posted in the last 24 hrs. are in White.
:SMILIES (Emoticons)
Re(1): Ferret Scout Car 00DC31
IP: 86.179.245.247

More from Peter Wong in America
Enclosed are 3 photos of the inside of my Ferret

1 - the serial number plate 2716-4-61 that is located behind the aluminium data plate (which was missing in my vehicle), located on the upper right side of the hull.
2 - the water can with spigot on bottom, located over the 2 water canteens - to release water onto road
3 - the Centurion Coil shock device, next to the port side splash screen.

When I first got the Ferret 1987, it was in faded Nato green with no markings anywhere. When I sand blasted that paint off, that was when the 00DC31 appeared front and back. So I put those markings back on after I repainted it in its present green paint. The red 7 and the RAC mailed fist markings were spurious, I copied it off decal sheets of plastic model tanks. Too bad the information cards you had sent me did not have the serial number section filled to cross-reference my Ferret.

If that vehicle had not gone to Northern Ireland after LF Hong Kong service, perhaps the shock device was added in Hong Kong because I remembered that back around 1968-1969, there were a lot of communist agitation in Hong Kong and the shock device might have been added in anticipation of riots. I knew this even though I was already living in the USA in 1968. I remembered that my parents were very thankful to be in the USA as they had escaped into Hong Kong in 1949 when the Communists won the civil war against the Nationalists. If it wasn't for British Colonialism and the Opium wars, I would have been a communist war-monger !!!

Cheers, Peter Wong

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright 2000-2010
IF PUTTING A MESSAGE ON A STRING PLEASE PUT YOUR MESSAGE AT THE END OF THE STRING NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STRING IT MAKES THE STRING EASIER TO FOLLOW.
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording