WELCOME TO THE LANCASHIRE FUSILIERS MESSAGE BOARD. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT THERE IS NO NEED TO REGISTER TO PLACE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARD. HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULD PLEASE GO TO :DATABASE FORM AND COMPLETE THE FORM. Abusive, Anonymous, and Messages that do not meet the Mission Statement will be deleted and you will be banned from the site. Note: Please take care when entering your email address. i.e. No Spaces! Please enter your email address as someone might wish to contact you direct and they can do this by clicking on your name at the top of your message and your e mail address will come up for them. Leave the LINK NAME, LINK URL, and the IMAGE URL Boxes blank. Enter a password of your choosing this will let you edit post after they have been posted. Once your message is ready to be posted Click PREVIEW POST to check what your message will look like once on site. If you are happy with your message then Click POST. Your message will now go on the site. IF PUTTING A MESSAGE ON A STRING PLEASE PUT YOUR MESSAGE AT THE END OF THE STRING NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STRING IT MAKES THE STRING EASIER TO FOLLOW. Messages posted in the last 24 hrs. are in White.
:SMILIES (Emoticons)
Re(2): Alfred Hicks (2) WWI & WW2
IP: 62.232.114.174

Thank you greatly for your help Mr Pycroft. I will continue my search with the help you have given and will certainly update you when I have it all. In the meantime I have sent you an email, which I will post again on here. Thank you greatly, Carole

I know my granddad, WW1, served at Ypres, he was a Sergeant and was gassed in the trenches. He did come home and spent the rest of his life with terrible chest problems, he was in his 70's when he died. The engineers and then the Lancashire Fusiliers, thank you greatly for this information, I knew the Lancashire Fusiliers from when I was a child, and if my granddad was there, then so was my dad. That feels great, I was born in Lancashire, in Leigh, very proud of them both.

My dad was a dispatch rider on a motor bike in WW2, and was blown up, sent home on a hospital ship which was sunk by a torpedo. He was in the water for a long time until picked up with another ship. He lost the use of his right arm, but would not talk about what happened, so I have only picked up bits from one of my aunties. He brought up a family after he came home, myself and a sister, and he worked until he retired, he died in 2008. I think he was stationed in Gibraltar, and somewhere in a hot country, Africa star is in my memories from somewhere? Or maybe I am miss remembering. Its such a long time since my auntie died and she was very muddled at the end.

I dont even have his medals, goodness knows what happened to them but they weren't with his possessions when he died, although I do remember him having at least 4, on bright ribbons.

Best wishes Carole

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright 2000-2010
IF PUTTING A MESSAGE ON A STRING PLEASE PUT YOUR MESSAGE AT THE END OF THE STRING NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STRING IT MAKES THE STRING EASIER TO FOLLOW.
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording