Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Double Knockout Rumble Rules (click here)

ROUND #6 Wednesday 6/19, Evening
ROUND #7 Thursday 6/20, Evening
ROUND #8 Friday 6/21, Evening
Re(2): a bunch of fake news, turned out to be an overpriced nothing burger

Hi guys! If you go back to previous posts I always said there would be no internet wagering on the FIRST, season due to some regulation that prevented them to do so, turns out they were allowed but only in Fl. It doesn’t matter if watch and wager were waiting for their response, or if Mágic City was able to do it (I heard they found some loop hole that allowed them to bypass the regulation) but FACT- Calder wants to have internet wagering but couldn’t on the first season, but they WILL starting second
About the players- I have played with ALL of them and I know how they play, and I know they are under performing big time. I even told some of them is becoming unwatchable with the under/over serves and easy dumps by some, and these are people that I almost never saw under/overserve at NM and definitely not dump easy balls. One of the problems is the court, the ceiling is low and the net over time has become to sag and is now even lower. The serve box is disproportionately too small and they only have 4 balls at the moment, and they are totally different, some are broken and some are much slower than others, and some are almost square and bounce erratic, I have witnessed first hand while I’m there and see balls coming off rebotes at a totally wrong angle. These balls apparently come from Spain or France and is a process to get, not like you can go buy them at Walmart
There are awesome players like Manuel, Frank, Momo, El Niño that could play with a potato, others have more problems adapting to all these things
Starting next season, There should be internet wagering, new balls, they will revise the service lines and hopefully they can do something about the netting
Growing pains! Will it ever be Jai alai? We all know it won’t, I like it because of the amateur potential and introducing people to the sport. I’m too old and fat to play real Jai alai and this is the sport I play and love, you can call it cesta puta, mini Jai alai, whatever, but I hope it continues and they develop an amateur program

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording