Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Double Knockout Rumble Rules (click here)

ROUND #6 Wednesday 6/19, Evening
ROUND #7 Thursday 6/20, Evening
ROUND #8 Friday 6/21, Evening
FINALS 1 Saturday 6/22, Evening via eMail
FINALS 2 (if needed) Sunday 6/23, Matinee via eMail
Re(5): a bunch of fake news, turned out to be an overpriced nothing burger

Chordo the warrior is a mexican player called Manuel. plays at Miami Jai Alai. He's by no means a superstar but if there was ever a player that deserves the name warrior, he fits. Very tough because can catch very well and has great court position and saves balls like no one else, just google "saved by manuel" video in youtube. His only weakness is probably lack of power on the big court but that is not an issue at Calder.

I just came back from Dania Jai Alai, there is absolutely no comparison to Calder. The speed of the ball, the way the ball moves, the distance, the smooth postura of the players, the whole experience is phenomenal. I understand that, and also understand that they lose a crapload of money yearly doing all those beautiful things. To expect Calder to do same thing as Dania is crazy. They went the cheaper route like Magic City, tried to put a decent product that satisfies the state and now are in developing stages, learning as they go along. It will never be real jai alai or as beautiful and exciting, but it is what it is. I hope it continues and as I said before be a venue for amateurs. When I want my fix of real jai alai, i'm lucky enough that I can still go to Dania.

They will address the issues that they have now and the product will get better. Will never be real jai alai but it will get better at what it is. The play has been deteriorating over time, guys are dropping more balls and serving worse, and it is mostly because the balls have been deteriorating and bouncing funny and the netting is sagging, and the serve box is way too small, etc. That will be fixed before the next season. Notice the guys are serving almost sideways and soft, otherwise they over/under serve or hit the scree.
Those who hit the lower pad need help :-). I personally have not seen that, but there's no excuse for that unless I guess it gives you a bad bounce when you bounce it to serve and then all goes to hell.

Best players at Calder are Warrior, Momo (Mouhica from Miami Jai Alai 15 years ago?), Fire Cheff Frank, Action Gallo, El Nino, Wondr Boy Ron, Robin Hood Flores, Mr. White Julio Blanco and there are others thag play decent. I am expecting Grave Digger to play much better when some of the issues resolve as well as el capitan Luis when he can serve well with a new ball and larger serve box

I disagree that they have no internet wagering just waiting for decoupling. I know for a FACT they wanted it but couldnt, and don't see why would they decide that to save money on the one thing that could pay them back a few pennies, instead of just putting 4 players out there to play quick quiniellas waiting for decouplig to pass

Anyways it is definitely not for everyone, especially those who like the real thing, but I enjoy it.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording