Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
Re(3): #7 question for Stu

Thanks for the technical feedback and the positive feedback on Doubles. Scott puts allot of thought into these pairings and has handicapped every strong player with a "weak / weaker" player. We also added a few rules about who "must" serve (e.g. after 5 wins the current teams must switch frontcourt / backcourt positions). You see in traditional Jai-Alai players are either trained or gravitate naturally towards the frontcourt or backcourt. Because our mandate was to train players to compete after only six months of picking up a cesta last year none of our players are either "frontcourts" or "backcourts." We are however seeing signs of some players either being more comfortable in the front -vs- the back and this might be something we see for next year. Scott created three separate seasons for doubles this year and more than doubled the total doubles prize money - we have viewed doubles play on the 119 ft court as something that we have to ease into for safety reasons but we played allot of doubles in the practices these last six months and they are getting better at it. This is a complicated sentence but "I like that I think that we seem organized" and we are actually quite organized but there is allot of creative thinking going-on behind the scenes (very little coming from me - they tell Arra & I what they want to do and we try to make it work with the players).

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording