Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
Re(1): Benny can be like Stu

If anything I wish I could be more like Benny in life, he always been one of the happiest and most positive guys I know. Truth be told I completely get why he does not engage - its much easier not to. And I respectfully submit that this can, at times, be a very difficult forum. I used to post when I was at Florida Gaming and then I stopped (though I honestly can't remember why).

The environment here is completely different than the one at Dania and the one that I used to have at FGC. For now I have nothing to loose by interacting with you all. I have no union players that I have to be cautious with for fear of an unfair labor claim about something that I may say in here and our ownership views many traditional Jai-Alai fans as intense, protective and all-to-frequently nuts. They got an earful when they ran Dania for those three years and knew they would not have the support of the Chalk Talk participant in this endeavor. Scott has actually been more surprised than anyone at the positive comments herein that I have shared with him.

What we are doing is new and I'm very honest about it taking time for me to warm-up to the idea of Magic City. One thing that I am very concerned about is the potential for misinformation, lies and bull shit being spread about the motivations of our owners, our program or our players. I recognized that by being "as transparent as I can be" from the outset that I might be able to control or at least guide the narrative in a positive direction for those willing to listen and if it becomes taxing or overly argumentative I'll stop again. To this point my time on here has been a 98% positive experience and those who are on record as not accepting what we do have been largely content to agree-to-disagree which is actually more than I expected in our current political climate.

This forum is not for everyone and I completely respect Benny's decision not to participate. He has done an amazing job at Dania and the fact that traditional Jai-Alai is still being played in the U.S. is largely a testament to his efforts.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording