Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Calder Scratches   Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
How things have changed

A post from 2005. The Lopez comment is particularly interesting.
    Dania player thoughts from my visit
    Posted on June 8, 2005 at 10:23:38 AM by Tiger

Please bear in mind these comments are only from a few games. I had but a short time and may not have seen the 'real' player.

Urtaran - He was really pumped tonight - a bunch of sparkling plays. Only one Place to show for it, though.

Jairo - A strong thumbs-up. I really like his form and footwork, and he has a good glove. Give him a couple of years and some additional upper body strength and he will be a star.

Lopez - Strong mechanics. Not a lot of imagination, but that will come. I think weight will be a big problem for him 'cause, even now, he seems slowed. At his age, he should have done something about that middle. I speak from experience here.

Arriaga - When he's on, he's in a class by himself. There's no one better. Lifts his game in response to the crowd (such that it is), almost begs for support. Give it to him!

Egi - Was enjoyable to watch. Is there a lower or faster serve?

Erkiaga II - does not look at all out of place in the later games.

Solozabal - could he be less interested?

Wish I could see more. Wish I could go all the time.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording