Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Calder Scratches   Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
Re(3): hey guys

There is a slight difference between a "warm-ball" and a "cold-ball" but its hardly noticeable. Without the tape the ball is too fast and "takes-off" after the first bounce. As the tape wears, similar to the pelota skin, the ball may grip or slide off the side wall but I seriously doubt our players notice and I am confident that they cannot make use of this fact. Because there is little difference we use one ball until the top layer of tape wears thin or cracks then we swap it out. I remember this was a consideration at Florida Gaming to try and speed-up games by only using one ball - something I was against and we never did. The few player's from other roster's and some retired players who have played with it seem to genuinely like-it as it bounces true and is predictable off the rebote. LOL - the side wall and the bolts which affix the glass panels to the frame are another story entirely when they are hit. I'll see if one of our more technically savvy players can shoot a video of Arra, myself, Douglas or Tennessee wrapping a ball to post here - some of them do actually read the posts and might like to put-up something nice.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording