Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Calder Scratches   Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
Att: Stu and Tiger - technique

When I posted the link to that spectacular Carballo rolling fall-down rebote a few days ago, I learned that there are 2 easy ways to include the time stamp:

1 - just right click inside the video image and select "Copy video URL at current time"

2 - click the SHARE button, which brings up a dialog with a checkbox for "Start at x:xx"

That means that if anyone watching sees anything replay-worthy, all they have to do is jot down the time, and it will be super-easy to create a link later on.

We may be seeing a lot more replays around here.

Aside from that, what an amazing quantum leap in Magic City play quality.

And... after that "Bueno" discussion last week, for an analytical challenge I did a mini-study of how often the serve is caught and returned in the early games. Those guys are up to nearly 95%, EXCEPT when higher class players like Carballo and Jeden consistently attack them with deep serves right against the wall.

A couple things I observed:

Whenever I did a freeze frame, and typed in the coords for where I thought the ball was caught (eg: 12, .2) [length, and panel units away from wall - lol], and noticed that the serve was exceptionally well-placed, when I resumed the video I would hear Stu say "Excellent serve by Limonte" (or whoever). ALWAYS.

If Bueno is receiving from a guy who gets the serve in, but usually 2 panels out, then hello, Mr Instant Winner Pica. He's great at that, which explains how quickly and consistently he gets into P & S contention.

Our pattern-to-look-for here would be Forehand Smasher vs Short-Wide Server --> Fatality.

So at this point in Magic City's evolution, the early gamers - in general - are going to be more successful on points where they are the receiver. They will be getting more than their fair share of relatively short, wide serves where they can tee-off with their forehands.

A similar pattern as for the first game singles at Dania - with the exception of Ladutxe or Bailo - where the strong backs usually cream the shorter, tentative serves. Historically, the R's have the advantage in Dania game 1.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording