Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Calder Scratches   Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
Basque Country in October

Hi Perry. I have a lot of information for the summer, but if your're going in October, I don't think they will be having much Jai Alai there. The Summer partido season runs basically from May-September, first in Mexico and then in the Basque Country.

In Oct-Nov there has been a Pro Tournament in Biarritz

You might want to contact them at:

Informations au 05.59.23.91.09 ou au 06.76.56.19.67 ou ŕ l'Office de Tourisme de Biarritz au 05.59.22.37.10

You could try Gernika Jai Alai at:

Call +34 658 75 06 27

But, unfortunately, Jai Alai is sparce in the Basque Country at the time you are going.

As for the other sports, Mano (hand); Main Nue (hand--on the North side of the Pyranees--France), Pala (you might call it paddle ball, but they use an 18 inch, 32 ounce bat), and Remonte (a stiff cesta that they use like a raquet) are plentiful. For links to those sports see my post:

https://basquepelotaupdates.blogspot.com/2019/07/2019-summer-partidos-in-main.html

Will link directly below.

which will link you to everything you need to know.

Remonte,which is probably closest to Jai Alai, is played every Thursday and Saturday at Hernani, which is just outside San Sebastian. Mano is the big televised sport and is played every weekend of the year, all over the South Basque Country (Spain). Pala's first big competition of the season, the Ligue Kutzabank, is played from mid-late October to December.

There is also an amateur Jai Alai association in South Basque called Xistera Kluba, It's high quality Jai Alai and they play tournaments throughout the year.

info@xistera.eus

If your Spanish or Basque are not good, as mine aren't, try typing a message into google translate and have it translated into your language of choice. I find it works well enough to carry on conversations with Dan Necol (InnPala Pala professional (French) and EITB the TV network (Spanish).

Otherwise good luck to you. There is plenty of Pro and Amateur basque pelota going on all the time. Just not very much Jai Alai at that time of the year.

As always, contact the travel bureau of the cities you are going to be in.

Hope this helps

Basque Pelota Info

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording