Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Calder Scratches   Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
Re(1): Lopez vs. Goiko Results

Interesting observation, Alq. I noticed that also, and the two matches that Goiko lost were in the Markina Masters and the Mutriku independent match, each the day after he had won an important Gernika League match. It's pretty clear that the most important tournament in the South is Gernika (according to Jai Alai Facebook article, Diego skipped his Hondarribia Grand Slam match last Friday in order to be more effective in the Gernika League match the next day). But Goiko still did lose those matches, (with Ibon to Hormaetxea-Aimar 2-1 in Markina and with Salegi to Zulaika-Aimar 2-0 at Mutriku).

What amazed me most about Lopez was playing and winning 4 in a row in 4 days.

Finals we have a good chance of seeing:

In Gernika Goiko-Leke v Diego-Lopez
In Markina Goiko-Ibon v Egiguren-Lopez
In Gant d'Or Goiko-Inza v Olha-Lopez
In St. Jean de Luz too early to tell but probably some combination of Goiko-Olha-Lopez-Inza

So it looks like, while the fronts you talked about are standouts, the front having the best of it so far (beside Goiko) is Olha. And the back (beside Lopez) is Inza. That could change, and the saddest thing about this Summer is the lack of Olharan (though he is scheduled to play at Biarritz tomorrow--but the Biarritz website is so far behind that I don't know if that will happen).

Aimar has actually been holding his own pretty well, but he has been subbing a lot and the back court is quite an adjustment with this level of competition.

The only thing we won't see is Goiko-Lopez as a team, something that we did see in Mexico City, where they won the big Tournament, but not before Olharan-Inza gave them quite a battle. That's the last match Olharan played in. I hope the matchups listed above all happen. Goiko and Lopez are the best, IMHO, and it would be fascinating to see them go against each other a few times on the biggest of stages.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording