Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusiůn para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration†† Participaciůn en Chalk Talk
Useful Links†† Hall of Fame†† Magic City scratches
Calder Scratches†† Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
Dramatic conclusion at St. Jean de Luz

Just watched the video on YouTube. I love how St. Jean de Luz posts these right after itís over. I donít watch them live, knowing they will be posted to YouTube. Itís too bad the EITB matches either are not posted or are posted so late. Thanks to jsolo for letting us know where to find this, such as the ones from Gernika, a Lekeitio, etc.

Anyway, tonightís championship was the best in the series this year from SJDL. This year there have just been so many unforced errors, or direct faults, as referred to. And what happens in the end. Stop reading if you donít want to know.

In the tiebreak, it was clear it couldíve gone either way, until Minvielle made a good catch low, mid court, half way up the court, on the left. He slipped while going through the motions to return the pelota, then slipped again on the other foot, all the while turning his ankle. He completed the return, then screamed in agony as the fell to the floor on the knees. He was down, as the point continued! Two against one. Canít remember the last time I saw that, if ever. Minvielle remained on the floor for quite some time, at one point yelling moreso in emotional sadness. Then a slow motion replay was shown of what happened to him, and when the crowd saw him turn the ankle, they literally gasped. It was really sad. After quite some time, Minvielle got up, walked it off, and got a loud cheer from the crowd. He finished the match, tentatively, and...well...watch the video for it all. It was a truly clean, very good match, overall. This is Jai alai. I donít event care for Quiniela Jai alai anymore...well...unless the Citrus were to return, and that will never happen. Thank goodness for European Summer partido Jai Alai!

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording