Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

I dreamed I went to Jai-Alai Heaven
(You can, too. Click here)
Re(4): La Primera VS.Rock...

FYI, that link to her win was for 5 24 19 Twilight Game 5.

As several people have noted, that win was in a doubles game. Yes, she got most of her serves in, but during the actual points, she handled the ball exactly once with that winning cortada that came off an extreme 'sitter'.

However, there were 5 other games that perf, beginning with 2 singles games.

The video of the first game began several points into the game, so we don't know how she lost the first point. But in the 4 following singles points I observed, she dropped the serve 3 times, and on the one she did return, her shot was weak, which led to a her being unable to catch the reply.

So one ball in play out of 4 tries and that point lasted 5 seconds. If that first unseen point was also a drop, then we have an astounding 80% drop rate on the serve. If not, then 60%.

So good luck betting the ranch that she smokes Rock.

BTW, I have no interest in bashing low ranking players, whatsoever. I am just smelling it like it is in response to the idea presented here that Calder should shine a big spotlight on her play.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording