Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

I dreamed I went to Jai-Alai Heaven
(You can, too. Click here)
Re(3): El barba game 3 eve

I agree 100%. I thought that something like this would happen eventually. Most of these players are not knowledgeable of the history and tradition of the sport. Most of them probably had never even seen a Jai alai match before they were offered the opportunity to play professionally. It's one thing to get pissed over a bad call but he went way over the line. To intentionally lose points is absolutely and completely unacceptable. It's possibly even criminal. What EB obviously doesn't understand is; in addition to his obligation and responsibility to fronton management, he is equally obligated to the people who are wagering to always give his best effort. You can tell from the video that this certainly was not the case. You can see from game four on that he is pissed off. Between games he was late for warm ups. When he finally got out there, he'd just stand there, at times leaning against the side wall, at other times hands on his hips, not going for any of the balls, letting most of them go right by him. His game performance got worse and worse culminating with him intentionally throwing bad shots. He was angry and wanted to get back at someone but he ended up screwing himself. He had a pretty cushy gig going for himself and he likely threw it all away over a tipped ball call. Stupid, immature and impulsive behavior and ignorant of Jai alai's history and tradition. I think he made it impossible for Arra not to fire him. Arra can't let the other players think that they can pull shit like that and get away with it. Sorry, but in my opinion, he's gotta go. He'd be gone immediately if he ever pulled that crap with Pedro or Ramon Elodri at Newport/WPB.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording