Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Dania scratches   Question of the Week Archive
Re(1): Another question for Stu

I’m usually at a desktop when I respond but I’m traveling this week and am trying this on my phone. In a word - no, it could not. There is room to extend forward of the front wall and behind the back wall but we only have about a foot of clearance between the overhead screen and the roof structure. The side wall is attached via a superstructure to the front and back wall so it could not be easily expanded. We could not lengthen the court without also increasing the height because proportionally our overhead screen is about 2 to 3 feet too low for the 119 foot length.

Your assessments regarding how many of our guys play the court makes sense. Dejadas are an issue in part because of player skill but also because our front pad is exceptionally high. This court literally has no chic-chak and limited chula (based on a gap at the bottom of the back wall and the combination of the glass surface of the back wall, tape on the ball and the fact that the plastic ball is comparatively fast) so almost everything comes out if not caught in the air. So the players with better rebotes (Douglas, Jeden, El Barba) often let the ball pass in singles because they are not penalized for not catching it in the air. Douglas however has pretty much mastered that court and his court positioning is exceptional. He’s got great, natural Jai-Alai instincts and compensates well even when caught out of position.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording