Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Dania scratches   Question of the Week Archive
Re(1): Chalk Talk Monday Beacon: Searching for ... ''Daniel I''

I’m alive—and here is my response! I’m not sure if you realize this or not Tiger, but you hit me with the beacon twice—once several months ago and now. I’m honored. Maybe that makes up for my lack of hall of fame posts, lol.
To be honest, jai-alai has taken a real backseat the past few years—at least from following the sport and commenting. That baby I’m holding in the old “chalk talk faces” (I don’t even know if that still exists) is now 6 foot 2 and 14 years old. My younger son is now 11. Both kids are heavily involved in sports and I coach my younger son in travel basketball, which is starting soon. They’re decent athletes (better than their dad, of course) and my younger son plays travel baseball as well, not to mention he does throw the pelota around on Matt’s court every now and then. He can’t play competitively yet, but hopefully in a few years. With this and other factors like work, I just don’t have much of any free time right now.
Speaking of Matt—that’s really my only conduit for the sport—Connecticut Amateur Jai Alai. I make it a priority to make the 90 minute roundtrip ride every 2 to 3 weeks and will do so as long as the place is there and the body allows. I honestly feel I catch better today than when I played in my 20’s.

So that’s my story. I got to see one Dania performance in late 2017, but am otherwise out of the loop. I’ve seen both Calder and Magic City on YouTube and have to admit I actually really like the Magic City presentation…it is pretty fun to watch, especially since Douglas’ father was one of my favorite players. I’ll try not to be a stranger. Despite the doom and gloom, the game will still be alive when we hit 2020—which I don’t think ANYONE thought possible in 2005. Who knows? Maybe with a modest comeback, I’ll have a son who plays professionally. You never know.

Best,
Dan

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording