Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Dania scratches   Question of the Week Archive
OFF TOPIC--PALA LARGA--2018-19 WRAP--1 LINK TO ALL COMPETIONS FOR THE SEASON--INCLUDING LINKS TO 35 FULL MATCH VIDEOS

https://basquepelotaupdates.blogspot.com/2019/10/palapala-larga-2018-2019-season-wrap.html

Will link directly below.

My first attempt at a single post that will point directly and/or indirectly to the entire season's action in a Basque Pelota modality. The Pala Larga (big bat) season runs from October to October and consists of 4 major championships, 3 doubles and a singles, as well as several summer partido tournaments. The idea of this post is to link you, from one post, to an unfolding set of posts that will give all results, match articles, player win-loss standings and rankings, links to information about historical Tournament records, and...35 full match videos.

I will be doing this for Jai Alai-Cesta Punta at the end of the calendar year, one post that links you to all Dania information as well as all European Partido results (around 45-50 full match videos by the end of the year). I also hope to do this for the 3 other major Professional disciplines: Mano (hand); Main Nue (naked hand); and Remonte (firm and narrow cesta--hitting, not catch and throw). My hope is that from 4 posts, I can link to all of the relevant action in the last year, including around 200 full match videos.

Take a look at a little Pala Larga if you get a chance. It's the only modality where they hit a pelota with a flat but pretty narrow bat, that weighs 32 ounces (what a lot of baseball players use), but is concentrated into 18 inches. Not as fast as Jai Alai, but pretty fast. And much more difficult to control where the shots are going. Rebotes very difficult, etc.

Enjoy

All relevant 2018-19 Pala Larga--linked from 1 post--35 full match videos

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording