Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Magic City scratches
Dania scratches   Question of the Week Archive
My Best Guess.............

We did not have any technical issues as some had thought and I think the significant decrease is the result of us being a "boutique" parimutuel. Arguably our biggest supporter (in terms of wagering and our program overall) advised that they would be unable to participate in the pools for a few days. While you never want to think that one person is so central to your income - I accept that we are building wagering interest and every bettor is important. That's why we try to give supporters what they ask for.

What I think happened here is that they have consistently been supporting Magic City so others are used to seeing their money in the pools (and with our comparatively small pools their $200 -to- $600 a game which is my best guess) provides a good basis for others to bet whatever it is that they are going to bet. When others didn't see that money in the pools I believe that they either went elsewhere or assumed there was a problem and did not bet.

With the exception of our occasional "Bridge Jumper" the majority of our action comes in via simulcast and Watch & Wager and the "on-track" numbers were consistent over the weekend. If my assessment is accurate what is surprising (and a little confusing) was the drop-off in the JAI-5. As the jackpot is seeded / guaranteed at $2,500 what is actually wagered day-to-day in the pool should not detract participation. In fact decreased participation should (in theory anyway) increase the likelihood of there being a single ticket winner which is not a good thing for us, but as we've consistently demonstrated were're dedicated to the wager and those who enjoy it. So seeing a $60 Jai-5 pool at post time was a big surprise.

So I believe it comes down to a snowball effect off of our biggest supporter being away for a few days.

I'm glad your happy with Ikeda & RonRon. Deviating from one of our founding principals by bringing-in players with experience was a very difficult decision and they are there on a trial basis. Its not just how they play but how they fit-in with some of the colorful personalities we have there, the marketing requests we make, etc. So far they are fitting in well, adjusting to the play, etc. Its all been positive through two weeks.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2019 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording