Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Re(1): Since you asked...and more

You are probably right Jim. In 1981 I had totaled about 70,000 games of trifecta stats on the number of wins for all 336 combos from Florida frontons I had visited and I calculated the break-even payoffs on all the tickets (lots of punching buttons on calculators). It was easy to see the basic similarity in trends from all the frontons. Plus my father had charted every trifecta payoff at Tampa for 3-years straight, so that really opened my eyes and I figured out how to make a profit playing "cream of the crop" trifectas, the 8-3-7, 3-8-4 type numbers back then.....

When I was playing systems and you had to use tellers, I would try mixing it up and get some numbers with one teller, others with another, but that wasn't so easy either. At Palm Beach I was lucky to have a great teller that was quick with the punching, loved my tips and was tight-lipped and that was great, she was the best I ever knew. She told my wife once that she furnished her apartment with my tips, lol.

At Tampa there was an older couple (a lot older than me) that always worked in advance wagering AND during the performances, I was using them for a while, then I found out their son was playing a trifecta system for them (took a long time to find out he was their son), and I was tipping my hand to them by placing wagers with them. I always wondered why the old white-haired man was grumpy when I came to his window. I'm sure I was playing some of their best numbers and cutting their prices.....

I know you played at Orlando, I started playing there in 1981 when I lived in Lakeland and worked as an engineer at one of the many fertilizer plants in central Fla. Used to be real easy back then to hop on I-4 and get to Orlando as traffic wasn't bad. It was kinda nice to be in-between Tampa and Orlando. Orlando was decent when they had the $2 straight tris, but a few years later, 1983 or 84 I think when they went to $1 tris, the payoffs took a big hit. Basically, as I'm sure you know, when people didn't have to play all the tough combos in the $1 tri boxes any more, things changed significantly.

Jim - are you lucky enough to own any of those hard to get Orlando programs from the 1960's or 70's?

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording