Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Since you asked...and more

I also had a favorite teller or two. One of my favorites was the Head of Parimutuels. He would occasionally come out when it was really busy and open up a teller spot at the end just for me sometimes (before the screen activated machines). By the way, at first, I didn't like those, but once I found out you could play Quiniela Doubles for a dollar, I immediately liked them...lol.

I don't have any really old programs, because I'm 55 years old (born in 1964) and really didn't start going to jai alai until I was like 17, which was about 1982. I was totally new and didn't know much at all about wagering, and this is when you had to make certain wagers in certain teller lines only. You could box for a dollar, or else do straight tris for $2.00. The perfecta was a minimum $3.00, along with everything else being $2.00. The place was always packed back then. I really wasn't amazed with all the crowd and all, because, again, I was new, and didn't really grasp it, but I immediately loved the excitement and caught on quick. My dad and family loved it as well. They al often went.

Tampa was also phenomenal. I went there about 5 or 6 times in its hey days.

Ocala, I never saw it in it's glory.

I went to Daytona like twice, and it was good, but Orlando was much better.

Never went to Big Bend.

Never saw Miami or Dania in their glory days, or West Palm. I went to Melbourne once, and it was just okay, in my opinion.

Nearly all my experiences were Orlando based. Quite the memories.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording