Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Magic City to host U.S. National Jai-Alai Championship 4/25-26/2020

I hope this message finds you all well and enjoying a prosperous and healthy holiday season.

Several months back we began to explore novel tournament formats which would be conducive to our Jai-Alai model in advance of our 3rd season.

We settled on the U.S. National Jai-Alai Championship which we will play on April 25th and 26th. Specifics can be found at USNJAC.com. We're putting-up $20,000 in prize money which will be divided among 1st & 2nd place finishers in Singles & Doubles. The tournament is limited to 60 participants and registration began earlier this month. Registration is also limited to U.S. Citizens (born or naturalized) and a U.S. passport or birth certificate is required to participate. All participants must be at least 18.

Now I know this forum well and know that not everyone here is a fan of what we do at Magic City. Like everything else this tournament is not perfect but it is definitely different. We have just over 30 entries so for and only 6 of those are current Magic City Players. Some well know retired professionals have entered as have some long-term amateurs. The web site refers to a "selection committee" which consists of Arra, Scott and myself but we "may' seek input from the operators of the CT, N. Miami & St. Pete amateur programs as well as others if necessary (basically if we get more than 60 entries and have to reject any applicants).

Singles & doubles will be played head -to- head with alternating serves (yes, no matter who wins the point, serves will alternate between players - admittedly I wasn't the biggest fan of this particular rule but Scott explained that he didn't want someone traveling-in from CT and loosing on 6 straight aces - that made sense).

It will also be double elimination - First Round 6 Points, Double Elimination Round 5 Points, Second Round through Semi Finals 7 points, Finals 9 Points. All straight points and there will be no wagering on the event. The event will be streamed and the first special on the Magic City YouTube Channel (which will be announced at a later date).

Entries must be received by January 10th, 2020 and participants will be chosen and notified by January 31st, 2020.

One question I got: "you know Diego is American, can he register? And if he did would you really let him play against a Magic City player?" LOL - short answer is "yes." So it really is open to Amateurs & Professionals of "almost" any skill level as long as they are a U.S. Citizen and are at least 18 years old.

U.S. National Jai-Alai Championship

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording