Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Disagree - Facts for Magic City don't support your "theory"

Facts about Magic City disprove your "theory"

1) Magic City has spent a significant amount of money on their Jai-Alai concept and it's been quite a success in the opinion of those that support their efforts.

2) There are promotions every Sunday matinee at Magic City to draw fans. Have you ever watched the children come onto the court and get lessons from the players after the conclusion of Sunday matinees?

3) Stu has stated they are big into the entertainment aspect of the Magic City Jai-Alai (I believe this has worked well for them).

4) Magic City added a big jackpot bet (Pick 5) to help increase handle/wagering action and it was very successful. I understand there is another version of that in the works for the next meet.....can't wait.

5) Stu has been very transparent to what's happening at Magic City and with his responses to questions from Tiger's site

6) Hosting the national tournament in April and putting up prize money is great, they don't have to do that, but THEY ARE!

7) Magic City has multiple big money doubles tournaments during their meets which are very interesting to their fan base, which is growing

8) Magic City was experimenting with partidos on Sunday matinee after the last game (near the end of their last meet).

9) Magic City Pick 3 wager had a 5% lower takeout rate than Dania Pick 3 (Pick 5 was a 20% takeout rate too), interesting huh? At least that's very important to those wagering on the games. They have even mentioned they are looking into lowering takeout rates on other wagers....very interesting as that's what smart bettors are interested in, lower takeout rates, and pari-mutuel facts support the fact that it increases handle. Dania takeout rates on quin, ex, tri, super, Pick 3 are all 25%.

These are just a few and I could go on and on. Magic City should be commended for supporting the sport of Jai-Alai with their more economical version which is far more sustainable than the current Dania or Miami model. It's simply smart business. I find the games VERY interesting and competitive and Ive been a fan of jai-alai for over 40 years. Kudos to Magic City!!!!!

Those like you with sour grapes need to get over it. The same gripes over and over again, it's getting kinda boring reading your posts.

I can tell you one thing, you would probably be surprised at the number of Magic City supporters that are saying they can't wait for the next meet and that May can't come fast enough.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording