Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
Re(2): VERY ODD.....Dania are you listening?

Would sure like to know when the "AS I MENTIONED" occurred as it wasn't before game 1 when scratches are announced (typically happens at 7-8 mtp when they get to the important information), plus the subs for game 5 and on for Goitia were only disclosed AFTER game 4 was over, so there was a Pick 3 customers played without knowing the accurate entries.

As one who listens CLOSELY to announcing, scratches and late changes for statistical purposes, I sure didn't hear it until during game 4, and sure a lot easier to hear the announcing with no music playing any more.

I recall a performance last year where "no scratches at this time" was announced before game 1, then I believe it was game 2 and right before betting closed announcer said "DON'T FORGET xxxxx is scratched" and I'm saying WTF, it was THE VERY FIRST TIME the scratch was mentioned for the night....obvious cover-up for not mentioning it earlier by saying "DON'T FORGET," so the "AS I MENTIONED" still doesn't pass the sniff test for me, proves NOTHING just because someone says that at DJA...

Now if you are a customer just playing numbers, it wouldn't matter, but these days far more people handicap Jai-alai than running numbers like the days of old. There's no way Erik pays over $200 for $1 Tri 8-4-2 with him winning from post 8 IN EARLY GAMES if the customers knew before (i.e. the AS I MENTIONED don't fly with me).

As far as having to watch the players practicing before a game to confirm who is really who in all the posts, not very realistic, if you are watching from off-site like the majority of customers, and unfortunately this jai-alai video is NOT in HD, it's hard to read the numbers on players, have to wait till they turn around unless you recognize a style of play, and without HD the numbers can be fuzzy and player has to be more in front court to read the player numbers better, best if there is good communication and announcing of scratches ASAP when they happen and frequently, and it shouldn't take a rocket engineer to figure that out....

Something that doesn't happen at Dania is when there is a late change, they don't give customers time to adjust bets, LIKE THE HORSES DO WHEN THERE IS A LATE SCRATCH, it's like they have to stay on schedule and can't add a couple more minutes for people to adapt...that really isn't fair to the betting customers.

I like to see who's doing all the practicing early before game 1 and see the numbers on the backs of jerseys, but lately alot the camera has been pointed up at the Dania logo on the wall. It's an advantage to be there to see who's out there on the court warming up early practicing and trying to improve, but we all don't live close enough to attend, plus not enough tellers anyway, and they say even less SAM machines now....so not as bettor friendly anymore, and reminders are needed that late changes are important to communicate ASAP and frequently, people don't like surprises

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording