Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration   Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links   Hall of Fame   Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
Re(5): Exacta Tote Board

Well, I wasn't sure if the display in question was something in-house - that I don't know about - or the traditional on-screen one that we see on our computers. So I just made the point that in jai-alai we can quickly see the truth regardless.

But the traditional display that I am seeing right now from a recording follows the sensible intuitive layout where the winning posts are top to bottom, and the 2nd places runners are left-to-right. The win odds are also shown vertically, so that also is consistent.

The reason I say it is intuitive is because entries are always listed vertically too, so you can easily imagine that the player names might also be listed vertically on the exacta display, just to the left of the odds. In that case you would see at a glance that if Erik (for example) in post 5 wins at 3 to 1, the runners to the right are his exacta odds, where he is on top.

Given that we are not Chinese or Arabic, I don't see how any other layout could be justified.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK Chalk Talk Registration USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2020 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording